I spent half a day couple of days ago turning what I could in the garden. Put all the tomato cages and bean poles away and the only thing left still growing are the cantaloupes - still have four getting ripe, and they are worth the wait - so delicious!
I will probably plant some more beans and beets. And then wait for cooler weather to start lettuce and cabbage for fall.
I would take a picture but it's not real pretty right now. We are, however, happy to have the land mowed. It's already greening up again.
Finalizing the plans (again!) with the draftsperson in Bonham for the house. We are researching windows and doors for the best solutions. So many decisions and we haven't really nailed down the inside appliances yet. But hopefully, we are learning more and more and will choose wisely.
I did find my favorite welder home the other day and since I hadn't been able to reach him by phone, I thought he might have moved away. But luckily he will be the one doing the iron door I designed for the pantry. I got all the iron from King Architectural over in Mesquite, my favorite place to shop! And I gave him the picture of the spanish iron door he will replicate. I can't wait to show a picture when it's finished!
More soon - vaya con Dios!
Saturday, August 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
wow, I don't know how you can wrestle with that trash monster everyday. It has got to be really tough digging that out of the ground after it has sitting for so long. I'm glad to here your garden is doing well, Sarah tells me how wonderful it looks after she visits. Can't wait to see the house plans!
We want to see house plans! :) Can you post one of your awesome sketches? Doug wants me to remind you to look at Lehman's catalog (it's online, I think). He's totally living vicariously through you all! LOL. Anyway, they have some really neat appliances that are energy efficient. Supposedly windmill-friendly. Love you!
Post a Comment