Sunday, May 11, 2008
We are moving dirt here, Folks!
Yes, it's true! The dozer showed up on Friday and "voila", we have a pad! Next week they will mark all the plumbing and put up the structure for the pad to be poured. We pulled the car up to the spot and just sat in there watching them doze away. It was so much fun - And after they were gone, we took the dogs up there and sat in our adirondack chairs with a glass of wine and just grinned at each other. :)
In the meantime, garden is growing great. I'm harvesting the last of the cabbage - only got one really good head - broccoli and brussel sprouts went to brer rabbit. Strawberries are sending out many legs but aren't producing much. Probably next year will be better for many of the permanent plants. Same story for the asparagus, just too early. Beans are just coming up along with summer squash, cantaloupe, watermelon and acorn squash. Tomatoes, basil and peppers are getting bigger. I'll be planting corn today.
Blackberries and grapes still look spindly. And not expecting any peaches this year. Maybe next.
Got some "Deer Scram" which is a pellet form, safe for our dogs, I can put around the garden to safely deter deer and rabbits. Hope it works. We are also planning to improve the fence and electrify it.
Chickens are fine. I think Mona Lisa is working her way up to two eggs a day. And the "mobile" pen is easy to pull around and change their location. They love that. Fresh grass to scratch. They both love it if I bring worms up from the garden. I hold them out and they suck it down like spaghetti - (which I have also made for them and they love) Too funny!
More later - love to all!!
Vaya con Dios!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment