4/17
Then Skip loaded the top soil we had ordered into the beds. And we mixed in lava sand, organic compost, molasses, humate, blood meal and greensand. This all makes a healthy, happy environment for organic matter to thrive. Soon, we will turn the earth and there will be earthworms, the expert composters! Can't wait! Since my many of my little seedlings didn't survive the move, we had to buy some bedding plants and more seeds.
Here is a list of what has been planted so far:
Tomatoes, Green Peppers, Lemon Balm, Fennel, Basil, Scallions, Spinach, Chives, Marigolds, Acorn Squash, Sweet Corn, English Cucumbers, Dill, Cucumbers, Cantelope, Watermelon, Pumpkins, Sunflowers, Pole Beans, Bush Beans, Oregano, Italian Flat Leaf Parsley and Strawberries.
I still want to plant some black-eyed peas, Skip's favorite! And I still need to plant an herb garden up by the travel trailer. I'll probably just use the leftover large pots we moved here that are just sittin' around.
We also got a 25 gallon water carrier that we can pull behind the lawn tractor so I can hand-water the garden until we get a well dug or pull in water with a pump from the pond.
Thankfully, we are watching a gentle rain this afternoon - the good Lord's gift from above
Vaya con Dios!
No comments:
Post a Comment