We have been so blessed with the many inches of rainfall in the last few weeks. Last year was not like this at all. Our native wheat is knee-high and so healthy! We have scheduled a "shredding" or mowing for next week and we expect to get 450 square bales of native grass. There are two ladies down the road with goats that love organic hay so we will try to make a sale - our first one and very necessary to declare our agricultural exemption for taxes.
Above is a picture of the garden as of this morning. It was so foggy out it felt like a brisk morning in England! But about 10 o'clock the sun burned it off and we are having an 80 degree day. The vegetables are thriving with all the rain and then the warm sun. I added three sweet potato plants, three broccoli plants and some summer squash to the garden yesterday. They were the last of the garden plants drastically reduced at the farm store. I had to hurry by the remainder of the baby chicks for sale - maybe next year!
This morning in the fog, I walked out to the far acres up against the road to check the purple hyacinth vine I planted on the fence line. It's one of my favorite vines I used to plant on our mailbox. It climbs about five feet and then produces these hyacinth-like blossoms, deep purple and beautiful. Can't wait to see them along this country road fence and up by our gate.
Vaya con Dios!
No comments:
Post a Comment